Certified Restaurant Manager (CRM)
Professional Certification Designation
- Current full-time employment in a qualifying position* with at least 6 months experience.
- Valid for 5 years from date earned. Candidate can then re-certify the Professional
Certification by maintaining employment in a qualifying position and completing
maintenance activity points.
Certificate of Knowledge
*Current employment at a lodging hospitality company as a department-level manager
in food and beverage administration, restaurant manager, or assistant restaurant
- Current full-time employment in a qualifying position* with less than 6 months
experience or not currently employed in the qualifying position*.
- " Valid for 2 years from date earned; not eligible for recertification.
- IHA Members**: US $275.00
- IHA Members: US $350.00
Fee includes study guide, shipping, application and exam, plus designation, lapel
pin, and certificate for those who qualify and reach the 70% passing score.
How to Apply for CRM Certification
- Print and complete the application
form. (You must have Adobe Acrobat to view this application form. Click Adobe Acrobat to download program).
- Ask your supervisor to complete the CRM Recommendation / Employment Verification
Form that comes with the application. Include the form with your completed application.
- Mail or fax (407-999-8610) the completed application form, along with the supporting
documentation and the appropriate fee.
- Within three weeks, the Educational Institute will review the application and send
notification of acceptance and study guide.
- Within 6 months of enrollment date, successfully complete the CRM comprehensive
exam through an approved proctor.
Once certified, designees are automatically enrolled in the CRM Recertification Program, which recognizes and rewards continuing
efforts toward hospitality career growth. A portfolio to help track professional-development
activities is provided. Every five years, the Certification Commission will recertify
those who qualify based on their accomplishments. A new lapel pin (reflecting the
number of years certified) and certificate are awarded at the time of each recertification.
Benefits of CRM Certification:
- It's an honor awarded to professionals whose leadership and managerial abilities
are exemplary--professionals who, by combining education and experience with dedication
to the industry, have achieved a high level of expertise.
- Recognized worldwide, the CRM designation is the premier symbol of professional
achievement for restaurant managers.
- The CRM designation may be used on letterhead, business cards, and other writings.
The CRM lapel pin and certificate are the visible symbols of the holder's status
- Enhance your image because your professional certification comes from the American
Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute - world renowned for hospitality training